Shop by Category
Featured Product
Products: 1223
Categories: 31
Prices: US Dollars
Mailing List
Subscribe to our mailing list below:

Location: /Prison Letters

JESSIE DOTSON ( Tennessee Mass Murderer ) - letter, envelope ( 2011 )

JESSIE DOTSON ( Tennessee Mass Murderer ) - letter, envelope ( 2011 )

Product Information
     1 page handwritten letter from Tennessee Mass Murderer, Jessie Dotson.

      Letter consists of brief general correspondence with a penpal, in which he speaks of some of his daily activites. 

       He signs the letter at the end, "Your friend - Jessie ( with a smiley face )"

       Includes the original prison stamped envelope with the postmark.



Jessie Dotson 


Jessie Dotson smiles at the conclusion of his testimony during the Lester Street Trial.
October 9, 2010


Jessie Dotson is a convicted spree killer who was found guilty of three counts of attempted first-degree murder in addition to six counts of first-degree murder for a 2008 attack.

Authorities say the grisly massacre is marked as one the city's worst mass murders.

 ( Memphis, Tenn ).

Police say that after a day of drinking, Jessie Dotson shot and killed his brother Cecil Dotson in the head during an argument in the early morning hours of March 2, 2008. He then went after everyone else in the house with two guns, boards and several knives.

Cecil Dotson's girlfriend, Marissa Williams, 4-year-old Cemario Dotson, 2-year-old Cecil Dotson II, and friends Hollis Seals and Shindri Roberson were also killed.

The boy known as "CJ" was 9 years old at the time of the attack and waited some 40 hours for help until he was found in a bathtub with a 4 1/2-inch knife blade lodged in his skull.

The young boy told jurors in his testimony that he went to call for police and tried to fight off his uncle before ending up in the bathtub with a kitchen knife embedded in his head. Paramedics testified they thought he was dead until he started to twitch.

According to authorities, Dotson, who was released from prison about seven months before the killings for a previous murder conviction, fled from the house by riding off on a child's bicycle.


For Dotson, the gruesome killings on Lester Street made for an end to what was at times a hostile relationship with his family, arrest records show. His teenage home at 600 S. Lauderdale was a volatile place, where he regularly fought with neighbors and siblings.

In 1990, at age 15, Dotson was charged with disorderly conduct for making threats against his mother as she tried to discipline him. A month later, he was charged with assault after a 13-year-old told his parents Dotson punched him in the face and threatened to "put him in the hospital" if the teen didn't bring him $25 the next day.

One year later, in fall 1991, police arrested Dotson for disorderly conduct after his mother told police he came home and wanted to fight his brother.  After placing her son in bedroom, locking the door, (Dotson) broke door open and punched several large holes in wall, "the arrest report stated." (Dotson) then placed his finger in mother's face, telling her he was going to kill her. When officers arrived, (Dotson) was loud and angry, refusing to calm down and still wanting to fight his brother.

Police charged Dotson again in 1992 with disorderly conduct following an incident in which Dotson cussed at a neighbor during an argument and then threw two beer bottles into her apartment.

On Dec. 13, 1991, six days before his 17th birthday, police pulled over a car Dotson was riding in, arrest records show. On the floorboards, an officer saw a .20-gauge sawed-off shotgun and a .38-caliber pistol.

A little more than two years later and one year into adulthood, the 19-year-old Dotson was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in an apparent drug deal gone bad.

On Jan. 8, 1994, after purchasing drugs from Dotson, Halle Cox discovered he had in fact bought shavings of soap. The two men argued, and during the conflict, Dotson killed the man.

Four months later, on May 5, 1994, police arrested Dotson for the murder. He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, second-degree murder, and spent nearly 14 years in state prison.

He was released Jan. 26 and rekindled his relationship with brother Cecil, who worked as a maintenance man at an apartment building and rented the Lester Street house just north of Summer Avenue in Binghamton.


On Jan. 29, three days after the man's release from state prison, Jessie, Cecil and several other men were playing cards at Cecil's home. After the card game, Jessie stood up, put on Cecil's leather jacket and began to walk out of the house. As Cecil tried to stop him, Jessie drew a semi-automatic pistol and challenged his brother to take the coat back from him, Cecil would later tell police.

Cecil then followed his brother in his car to the Goodwill Village Apartments in North Memphis but eventually lost him. Although Cecil reported to police that his brother robbed and threatened him, Jessie was not charged with a crime.

Whether the stolen jacket remained an issue between Cecil and Jessie is unknown. But last Sunday, Jessie returned to Cecil's home at 722 Lester, police say.

An argument followed.

It ended in a bloodbath.


Price: $15.00

Product Code: JESJ21
In Stock: 1 
Quantity: Add to Basket

Powered by CubeCart
Copyright Devellion Limited 2006. All rights reserved.